I can’t tell you how excited I was when Fashom reached out to me asking to shoot this little clip. It was a much needed breather back into the fashion realm after weeks of space, unpacking, painting and lots of cardboard boxes. It was also my first video in a LONG time! I thought it would be fun to share some fun facts, tidbits and Easter eggs that you can find in the original 22 second clip of my video that I submitted.
Disclaimer: Trying to turn up your volume? It’s not you, it’s me. The video purposely does not have any sound. If it helps you can turn on a song elsewhere and then rewatch it.
Without further ado here are some fun behind the scenes info:
- In the beginning, on the top shelf in the closet you will see my purses. There is a small grey/navy one in the top left corner of the screen that you have never seen before. That is my very first designer purse from when I was really little.
- The black pajamas I am wearing are my absolute favorite from Soma’s Cool Nights Collection. I have been practically living in them this pandemic season. I have the long pants and the tank on which is why in my next point….
- Because it just looked like I had a black tank on I decided to add a robe to give the pajama feel. I’m not sure if I am ashamed or proud to admit that my robe is from the 8th grade. I’m not even going to try and find something similar to link for you. I did think it had a fun nod to my space girl side though! 😉
- The mug that I am holding is Van Gogh’s “Almond Blossom.” Van Gogh has always been my very favorite artist and I think at this point I have seen almost all of his traveling works over the years. Yes, there was actual coffee in the mug. It’s me after all.
- Tucker decided half way through that he absolutely HAD to be in the video. My dog, the one who HATES having his picture taken. I put him on the bed, he laid perfectly where he is in the clip. He did one take. That’s it. After that he was done and moved to the other side of the bed to look out the window. Naturally, that’s the take I used.
- I’m not going to even admit how many takes it took to get both of these shots.
- My tripod was not quite tall enough to get the shot. Laundry baskets turned upside down can work wonders.
- Ta-Da! This is the first sneak peak at my room that I’ve shown. It’s the first room that I’ve completed in my new home. At least I think it’s completed, I’m still debating on whether or not I need curtains. I might post a poll on that one…
- The pink pillow on the bed says “Lipstick and Lattes.” Back when I did freelance graphic design I made a graphic print that had the design on it and had turned it into an embroidery pillow. This was way before LLP was even a thought so it’s kind of fun to see how full circle the name has come.
- That was my first time putting on makeup in two weeks! #quarantinelife
- Closet space is hilarious right now as I seem to be um… lacking it. So, the fact that I am showing a closet is just funny at the moment. I’m getting real creative on where to put my clothes.
- I am barefoot, no shoes allowed on in my house! It’s a germ thing.
I think that’s it. I’m almost at a no cardboard in sight state of mind where I can start taking pictures and sharing my new digs. I can’t wait to share! Have a blessed week y’all!