Naturally after spending quite a few days in a location I develop some favorites. Well, I also have some tips if you’re headed to this popular destination yourself as well as my wish list if I ever find myself returning!
- Glorietta’s, Glorietta’s, Glorietta’s!!! – I knew that first night that I totally wanted to just go back every single night. Ask me now, that was by far my favorite restaurant there.
- Snake River Brewing is my second runner up and much more casual vibes.
- I LOVED the coffee that Genevieve’s was serving so much that I went to Pearl St. Market and bought some to bring home! Turns out it was Snake River Roasting Company.
- Cowboy Coffee Co. was also a BIG favorite of mine, so much so that I bought 2 bags to bring home! I’m also thinking about ordering online as I’m almost out now…
- Cafe Genevieve’s! To the point where I even went back a second time my last day. Technically, I was at G’s 3 times… says a lot!
- Silver Dollar Bar is definitely worth popping in for a drink! Wander through the halls, check out the legendary bar, listen to the music and Ladies go to the bathroom! Trust me, it’s really awesome and Dolly says it best! 😉
Jackson Hole // Let’s start with this biggy, Jackson Hole is the name of the valley not a town, Jackson is one of the towns located in that valley. There are several and they kind of all meet up in town square. You need to get real specific on where you are headed while you are there.
Do. Your. Research. // I can honestly say that I not all locations I have traveled do I tell you this, some of them you can totally wing it. This is NOT one of them!
Hotel // Unless you are there mainly for skiing, stay at a hotel near the town. The newly built Marriott would be my number one pick.
Rent a Car // If you are wanting to venture outside of the town for ANY reason, any reason at all, rent a car!! It’s worth the hefty price tag! Trust me, I now have stories. I also, was town-bound this trip with a wish list for further out next time I find myself out that way.
Bus // If you don’t have a car, and you’re staying up out of town. Use the complimentary bus system whenever you can! Sure, the walk is nice! But it saves you a ton of time and allows you to see more. Just pay attention to the bus times at the stations and use the circulator for the one that stays around Jackson Hole. Plus, it’s REALLY nice after a long day and the sun goes down to hitch a ride back up the mountain.
Pets // Jackson Hole is very pet friendly! Just in case y’all were wondering!
Make a List // Jackson Hole is a SUPER touristy area and I found that my favorites weren’t centered around town square. Don’t get me wrong, the business around town square were great! But, this kind of falls under the research category…. Make a list, have back ups and just kind of trust your instincts. Don’t be afraid to explore the side streets!! That’s where I found the best restaurants and shops!
Since I was pretty much town-bound I didn’t get to do much adventuring. I did luck out on my shuttle in from the airport though. You see, the airport is located in Grand Teton National Park, I had the shuttle to myself and my driver and I got to talking about my trip and how little time I had. So, he acted as a tour guide throughout the National Park up until we got to the resort!
It’s no secret that I am a water person, #Mermaid. So, my wish list should not surprise anyone! Clearly, if I ever return I need to do so in a warmer month to hit these items…
- Granite Hot Springs
- Astoria Hot Springs
- Kayaking Jenny Lake
- Floating Boat Tour of Snake River
- Bike Tour – Rent one of those bike things and bike the town! I don’t actually remember which brand they had, but they were all parked near the bus station I used near town square. There are signs, a map and a bike route that even has a concrete barrier at times for protection.
I can’t believe it’s the end of October already! I’ve been so swamped that this month just flew on by!! Have a blessed week y’all and stay tuned on social media for my Halloween costume this year! 😉